Frequently Asked Questions
What will you do with my personal information?
We need your personal information to provide you with an accurate quote. More information is available in our Customer Privacy Policy Statement.
Why is an email address required?
A valid email address is required to access your application.
I've searched and can't find my employer.
To confirm NJBIA membership, check with your employer or contact us for assistance.
What is considered a "claim"?
Unanticipated auto-related incidents which involve you and/or your vehicle or a non-owned vehicle you are using at the time of the incident, and result in any insurance payout.

Examples include, but are not limited to:
  • Payment for damage to your vehicle or property of others
  • Theft/vandalism
  • Payment for injuries
Is a discount available if a driver is away at college?
Yes. A discount may be available if a covered driver is:
  • Under the age of 30, and
  • Away at college or other educational institution over 100 miles from the home address, and
  • Without access to a vehicle that is covered on the policy
Contact us if you are interested in this discount.
What is considered business use?
A vehicle is considered to be used for business when it is utilized in tasks related to your occupation, profession, or business (other than commuting).

Examples of business use include, but are not limited to:
  • Carrying business-related tools, equipment, or supplies
  • Towing a trailer used to conduct your business
  • Transporting people for a fee
  • Allowing employees to operate your vehicle
How do I know what type of anti-theft system I have?
The anti-theft device in your vehicle will be listed on the window sticker (if it was factory installed) or may be explained in the owner's manual.
What if my vehicle isn't listed?
Call us to discuss coverage options for your vehicle.
How do I assign drivers?
Every driver must be assigned to one vehicle. A vehicle can only have one principal driver but can have multiple occasional drivers.
Who is considered the principal driver of a vehicle?
The principal driver is the driver who uses the vehicle most often.
What if two drivers on the application share a vehicle?
Only one of the two drivers can be assigned as a principal driver. The other driver can be listed as an occasional driver as long as all other vehicles on the application have been assigned a principal driver.
If a driver on the application is not assigned to a particular vehicle, would coverage apply when they are driving it?
My current policy lists separate limits for bodily injury and property damage liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist. Why is NJM different?
NJM offers a combined single limit (CSL) for Liability and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists coverage. This limit applies to all bodily injury and property damage resulting from a single accident. Some insurers "split" this limit and set a maximum payout amount to any one person for bodily injury. A separate limit is provided for property damage.

Combined Single Limit Split Limit
$300,000 $100,000 / $300,000 / $50,000
$300,000 = per accident limit for bodily injury and property damage $100,000 = per person limit for bodily injury
$300,000 = per accident limit for bodily injury
$50,000 = per accident limit for property damage